Laptop can not connect to WiFi? Maybe the laptop has a problem not connecting to WiFi. For that, we provide complete information on how to fix a laptop that can not easily connect to Wi-Fi.
Your laptop problem is seen when you and your friends are using your respective laptops. At the same time, your laptop can not connect to WiFi, while your friend’s laptop is slowly surfing the Internet.
From this we assume that your laptop has a problem. What is the problem, of course, there are many factors that make the laptop can not connect to the Internet. To do this, we review them thoroughly one by one to make it easier for you to understand.
Is your laptop often slow when playing with the Internet? Please try How to increase the speed of internet connection in laptop As follows.
The reason for not connecting the laptop to Wi-Fi
Before solving the above problem, of course, you must first know the cause so as not to make mistakes in making repairs. Here are some common reasons why your laptop may not connect to Wi-Fi.
- The Wifi indicator light on the laptop does not light up or is always red, usually damaging the laptop hardware.
- The Wifi driver is not installed on the laptop, there is usually a yellow question mark logo when checked in the device manager.
- Enter the wrong password or password on the Wifi network.
- There is information limited access On the WiFi you use.
- There is information Anonymous WiFi Used in WiFi
- For Windows 10 and 8 users, make sure Airplane in condition Off.
The above are a few common examples that make laptops unable to connect to a Wifi network. After knowing the cause, let’s overcome it in a way that we will examine in the following.
4 ways to overcome a laptop without a WiFi connection
1. Internet network settings
To overcome the wrong internet network settings, you need to change the laptop internet network mode manually (DHCP mode). If available, you can also use this method Yellow triangle symbol With Exclamation mark Here are the steps on a WiFi network.
- In Windows 10, please click WiFi symbol Which is usually located in the lower right corner of your Windows screen.
- Then click Network and Internet settings Then select Change the adapter settings.
- Next, right-click on it WiFi adapterThen select Properties.
- Then double click on it Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4) And select Receive and IP address automatically And Gaining DNS server address automatically.
- Last step please click Good.
After doing the above, try to access the Internet through a browser. If the web page opens, it means that you have successfully solved the problem of not connecting the laptop to Wifi.
Do you want to delete some apps on your laptop? Please read How to delete apps on laptop.
2. Description of anonymous Wifi (exclamation mark symbol)
If this information is on your laptop, it could prevent your laptop from receiving the IP address and DNS server from the Wifi hotspot, and your laptop may not have access to the Internet.
It’s very easy to overcome, you just have to do it disconnect On Wifi, then do Connection Return. Repeat several times, brother! How, it’s so easy, isn’t it?
3. Description of limited access on Wifi networks
Have you ever found information? limited access On your laptop when using the Wifi network? There are three reasons for this, first, that your laptop is too far away to affect the signal, and second, that the amount of cache on the Wi-Fi that causes the bug, and finally the IP address you receive, Auto expired.
To solve some of these problems, you can follow the steps below.
- In Windows 7, please click Start menu> Control Panel> Network and Internet> Network and Sharing Center> Manage Wireless Network.
- In the Wireless Network Management window, you can see several items Cache data Wi-Fi you have used before.
- The last step is to clear the cache one by one. How: Select a cache, then click picking up.
4. Install or update Wifi drivers
If the above three methods do not solve the problem of not connecting the laptop to Wi-Fi, we think the problem is the diver. Of course, the most appropriate step is to reinstall or update the driver. Let’s follow the method below.
- In Windows 10, first open File Explore by clicking on the search icon taskbar > Then type File Finder > Then select File Finder.
- Then right-click on it This computer Or my computer Then select Properties.
- Then select Device management.
- Please click Network adapters > Then right-click on the Wifi driver and select Driver Update To update or select Remove and install the device. There will then be a notification to reinstall the driver.
- When done, right-click again and select Scan for hardware changes.
The first thing to do before dealing with a laptop that can not connect to the Wifi network is to first know the cause. Once you know this, it will be easier for you to choose the steps described above.
If the above method still does not work, it is better to get help from a friend who is familiar with the computer. If necessary, only go to a service center to repair a damaged laptop.
This is an explanation of how we can deal with a laptop that can not connect to the Wifi version of the Teknobaik blog. We hope the above information can help you solve this problem. Thanks for reading this article to the end.